|• Office: Room 323, International Studies Building
• Phone: 031-201-2362
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Curriculum Vitae: Download
|Areas of Expertise|
• Marketing Strategy and Performance, Long-term Effects of Marketing Mix, Relationship Marketing, Network Externalities and Strategic Alliances, International Marketing Strategy
• Principles of Marketing, Advertising, Sales Promotion, Service Marketing Retailing, Product, Management, Marketing Management (MBA) Advertising Management (MBA), Strategic Marketing, Management (MBA), Comparative Marketing System and Research (MBA)
|• Ph.D. in Advertising, University of Texas at Austin, 2004
• M.A. in Advertising, University of Texas at Austin, 1999
• B.A. in Economics, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 1991
• 2016 – present: Professor, Kyung Hee University, Korea
• 2011 – 2016: Associate Professor, Kyung Hee University, Korea
• 2005 – 2010: Assistant Professor, St. John’s University, New York, NY
• Summer 2008 – Present: Visiting Scholar, The IC1 Institute, University of Texas at Austin
• 2003 – 2005: Assistant Professor, Purdue University – Fort Wayne, IN
• 2001 – 2002: Research Assistant, University of Texas at Austin
• 1999 – 2001: Teaching Assistant, University of Texas at Austin
Selected Articles in Academic Journals – Refereed Articles
• Jeong, Jaeseok and Chan Yun Yoo (2011), “Deceptive Advertising and Firm Value: An Event Study Analysis,” International Journal of Advertising (SSCI), 30(3), 509-535.
• Peterson, Robert A. and Jaeseok Jeong (2010), “Exploring the Impact of Advertising and R&D Expenditures on Corporate Brand Value and Firm-level Financial Performance,” Journal of The Academy of Marketing Science (SSCI)-S Top 5 Marketing Journal, 38(6), 677-690.
• Jeong, Jaeseok (2010), “Product Life Cycle,” in Jagdish N. Sheth and Naresh Malhotra (Ed.), Wiley International Encyclopedia of Marketing, John Wiley and Sons, accepted for publication.
• Jeong, Jaeseok (2010), “Product Category,” in Jagdish N. Sheth and Naresh Malhotra (Ed.), Wiley International Encyclopedia of Marketing, John Wiley and Sons, accepted for publication.
• Villarreal, Ricardo, Shelley A. Blozis, and Jaeseok Jeong (2008), “Understanding Adolescent Hispanic Consumers Advertising and Brand Implications,” The Business Journal of Hispanic Research, 2(1), 62-75. -Lead Article.
• Jeong, Jaeseok, Marye Tharp, and Huhn Choi (2002), “Exploring The Missing Point-of-View in International Advertising Management: The Experiences and Perceptions of Local Managers in Global Advertising Agencies,” International Journal of Advertising (SSCI), 21(3), 293-320. -Lead Article.
• Tharp, Marye, and Jaeseok Jeong (2001), “The Global Network Communications Agency,” Journal of International Marketing (SSCI), 9(4), 111-131.
Other Publications – Scholarly Conference Presentations- International
• Jeong, Jaeseok (2008), “The Impact of Deceptive Advertising on the Market Value of Firms,” presented at Academy of Marketing Science, Vancouver, Canada.
• Schiffman, Leon G., Deborah Y. Cohn, Elain Sherman, and Jaeseok Jeong (2007), “An Investigation of the Opening Blog Page: Preferences for Text or Pictures,” presented at Global Business and Technology Association Conference, Taipei, Taiwan.
• Jeong, Jaeseok (2005), “Advertising vs. R&D: Relative Effectiveness on Brand Equity,” presented at Annual Conference of American Academy of Advertising, Houston, Texas.
• Jeong, Jaeseok (2004), “Advertising, R&D, and Market-Based Assets,” presented at Annual Marketing Management Association, Chicago, Illinois.
• Tharp, Marye and Jaeseok Jeong (2001), “Korean Managers’ Perceptions of Standardized International Advertising Strategies,” presented at 2001 Japan Conference of the American Academy of Advertising, Tokyo, Japan.
• Jeong, Jaeseok and Marye Tharp (2000), “Global Competition within the Pacific Rim Communications Agencies,” presented at Annual Conference of the American Academy of Advertising, Newport, Rhode Island.
• Tharp, Marye, and Jaeseok Jeong (2000), “The Impact of Globalization on the Advertising Industry,” presented at International Conference of International Trade and Finance Association, Montpelier, France.