• University of Chicago , U.S.A. , Ph.D., Economics 1981.
• Kent State University , U.S.A. , M.A., Economics 1976
• SungKyunKwan University , Seoul , B.A. Economics
• Chong-Ram Prize awarded by the Korean Economic Association, December 1988. This was the ‘Best Economist of the Year’ Prize given to the outstanding Korean economist under age of 40.
• 1981~1982, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Colorado, Colorado, U.S.A.
• 1982~1984, Fellow, Korea Development Institute, Seoul.
• 1984~1987, Counselor to the Minister of Finance, Ministry of Finance, Korea.
• 1988~Present, Professor, SungKyunKwan University, Seoul.
• 1996~1997, President, Inchon Development Institute, Inchon.
• 1998~1999, Visiting Professor, The American University, Washington D.C. U.S.A.
• 1999~2001, Director, Korea Institute of Industrial Development Studies, SKKU.
• 2001~2003, Provost of External Affairs, SKKU.